Serial is a modern terminal emulator designed to make working with servers, network equipment, and embedded hardware easier for engineers and system administrators.
For system administrators, Serial supports the all-important break sequence required when working with routers and switches. Serial also includes a full-featured terminal emulator, allowing you to work with the screen-based menus found in network equipment and Unix programs including the text editors vi and emacs.
Makers and engineers will appreciate Serial’s built-in support for embedded devices including the Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, and thousands of others. Serial includes several useful features for working with these devices including the ability to reset an Arduino, and the ability to connect to a BeagleBone over USB directly or through the on-board header.
Finally, Serial supports several of the most common USB to serial adapters WITHOUT requiring drivers, often saving you the hassle of finding and installing additional software.
- Full-featured xterm, linux, and ANSI/VT100 terminal emulation
- Works with USB to serial adapters and devices that use USB to serial chips internally
- UTF-8 character set support
- No kernel drivers required for many of the most common devices
- Bluetooth serial support
- USB Communication Device Class (CDC) support
- Break support required for routers, switches and other network equipment
- Line-buffered send mode
- Text pacing options
- XMODEM and YMODEM file transfer support
- Support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Visual BEL indication
- Configurable BEL sound support
- Choice of send window size commands for different devices
- Window size lock/unlock toggle in title bar
- Adjustable character and line spacing
- Cursor color, type and blink options
- Greater flexibility in choosing fonts
- Support for shift-click to extend the selection
- Per-character delay option for BT and CDC devices
- DEL and INS escape sequences
- Ability to reset elapsed timestamp counter
- Support for additional devices
- Support for dark mode
- Support for hardened runtime
- Improvements to full-screen mode
- Improved binary log output
- Reduced the likelihood of changing to the alternate character set inadvertently
- Serial is now notarized
- Dozens of bug fixes and improvements
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! . Thank you!