iA Writer is a digital writing tool that makes sure that all your thoughts go into the text instead of the program. Here is what makes iA Writer different:
- Character: No preferences. It is how it is. It works like it works. Love it or hate it.
- Signal vs Noise: Focus mode allows me to think, spell, and write one sentence at a time.
- Speed: Writer works without mouse. Automarkdown formats semantic entities such as headlines, lists, bold, strong, block quotes written in markdown.
Note: Currently only Latin alphabet and Russian languages are supported (no Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabian…).
Character: No Preferences
One of our goals was to create a writing app without settings. When opening Writer, all you can do is write. The only option you have is full screen and FocusMode.
Signal vs. Noise: Focus Mode (patent pending)
In Focus Mode you write one sentence at a time. Why? It’s a common pattern, that, instead of following the voice and fleshing out the text in one go, people start editing before the text is done. This is because we’re more easily distracted by signals similar to those we produce (text), than by signals that are different (the browser icon).
How to Use It: Writing one sentence at a time goes hand-in-hand with this rule of thumb for good writing: one thought per sentence. You might not like it because it’s not your thing. Fair enough. But if you ever get caught in one of those moments where the big white empty window scares you or when you get stuck in the middle of a text, try Focus Mode.
Speed: No Mouse
Auto Markdown will help you to format texts without letting off your keyboard. It’s easy. You can learn it in 30 seconds:
- # Headline 1
- ## Headline 2
- ### Headline 3
- 1. Numbered lists
- – Hyphenated Lists
- * Starred lists
- We also use *emphasis* and **strong**
Last but not least we use the Markdown for block quotes to make sure that quotes stand out as they are supposed to.
Auto Markdown automatically formats the Markdown language. The advantage is that you don’t need to use your mouse to create semantic structure.
To increase the pleasure of writing is exactly what we intended when creating Writer. A better tool doesn’t make a better craftsman, but a good tool makes working a pleasure.
A Typographic Christmas:
- New typeface in three flavors
- Mono: Single character width, the classic
- Duo: Two widths, freeing M and W
- Quattro: Four widths, for a cleaner text image
- Over 1,000 optical variations seamlessly adapt to provide the best writing experience in any environment
- 14 text sizes in Editor and Preview
- Many Chinese, Japanese, and Korean typography improvements, including emphasis dots
- Bold, italic, and strikethrough commands are much more reliable and work inside words
- High quality math equation typesetting in Preview using KaTeX
- Now support Desktop & Documents in iCloud
- Can be added from anywhere in iCloud Drive
Fully-Featured Export to Microsoft Word:
- Rebuilt from the ground up
- Compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 or newer, Apple Pages, and Google Docs
- Supports local images, footnotes, citations, page breaks, tables, math, headings, unordered lists, ordered lists, task lists, definition lists, blockquotes, bold, italic, CJK emphasis, strikethrough, superscript, subscript, links, horizontal rules, code
- Added sharing to Ghost
- Added visible filename when switching between tabs with hidden title bar
- Copy URL command to open files from menu in Library
- Command-Click links in Editor
- Use – to exclude words from searches: -microsoft word
- Inline code command
- Typing suggestions can be enabled in Touch Bar
- Korean and Russian localizations
- Added help articles
- Better hashtag detection
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! . Thank you!
Download Cracked MAC OS X Apps & Games For Free.