DropDMG allows users to quickly create .dmg archives.
Disk images pack entire folders or disks into a single compressed file, either for transport across the Internet or simply for backup. They are Apple’s preferred format for distributing Mac software. Disk images are also the only archive format whose contents you can directly access in the Finder.
DropDMG is the easiest way to create Mac OS X disk images, as well as cross-platform archives. Just drag and drop a folder or file and you’re done. Or, you can drag an existing disk image or archive onto DropDMG to convert it to any of the other supported formats or to burn it to CD or DVD.
DropDMG supports advanced options such as encrypted and segmented disk images, WYSIWYG layout with background pictures and custom volume icons, and rich-text license agreements in multiple languages. There are many time-saving features, and it can also be automated via AppleScript, the command-line, and Automator.
- If setting a disk image’s layout fails, DropDMG will now report a better error message that explains how to enable Automation access in System Preferences, rather than just mentioning error code -1743.
- Worked around a Mac App Store bug that prevented setting disk image layouts when using macOS 10.14 or later.
- Expanded the Signing section of the manual with more information about the different kinds of signing, as well as notarization.
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.13 and later that can corrupt a custom volume icon.
- Worked around permissions error that could occur when converting a disk image to an archive on newer versions of macOS.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7 or later
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! . Thank you!